Key dates over September 1915
Lives lost on this day: 8
24th September 1915 - Upton's successful agricultural jumble sale
Local casualties: 8
Rolling casualty count: 2304
St John's Cinema At the picture house the principal picture will be 'The Wastrel'. It will contain an interesting story and it is produced in colours, which should add to its attractiveness. In addition there will be other pictures – both grave and gay.
Agricultural Jumble sale at Upton on Severn. Successful war fund effort. The fifth agricultural jumble sale on behalf of war funds proved a not only a big financial success but an enjoyable afternoon. Over £1000 has been raised for the war relief and Red Cross funds. The first lot, offered by Lady Coventry was a little black kitten for luck.
CSM Edwards DCM, 1st Batt. Killed in front line trenches
Information researched by Melanie Ballam and the WWW100 team
- C.S.M. Harry Edwards D. C. M 4725 - 1st Bn.
- Pte. Alfred Cutler 20873 - 4th Bn
- L/Cpl. Arthur Leonard Hare 21385 - 4th Bn.
- Pte. Lewis Edward 21744 - 4th Bn.
- Pte. John Morris 7686 - 4th Bn.
- Pte. Benjamin Pearson 20821 - 4th Bn.
- Pte. Walter Henry Podmore 20844 - 4th Bn.
- Pte. Joseph Reynolds 22465 - 4th Bn.