Key dates over October 1915
Lives lost on this day: 6
13th October 1915 - Powick - Worcester Road needs repair
Rolling casualty count: 2488
Battalion bombers sent to assist the big attack at the front of Hohenzollern Redoubt. Two leaders lost 2/Lieut E P Lester and Sergt. A Maund.
Macadamised road Complaints at Powick Parish council.
A motion was bought forward…calling attention to the state of the road between Powick and Worcester, and to the number of accidents that had occurred on it during the past three months.
A Worcester newsagent would leave his business to his mother and enlist if she could have the assistance of schoolboys to deliver newspapers in the morning. When the papers were late they would not get to school until 9.30…it was a perfectly genuine case….it is opening a very big door…it was decided to give permission in the newsagent's case, provided he was accepted by the military authorities
Information researched by the WWW100 team
- Pte. William Felix Hale 12568 - 1st & 2nd Bn.
- 2/Lt. attd Eric Peter Lester 13th Bn. attd. 2nd Bn.
- Serjeant Arthur Maund 11729 - 2nd Bn.
- Pte. Frederick Wainwright 21701 - 4th Bn.
- Cpl. Arthur While 6949 - 10th Bn.
- Pte. George Woodbridge 15594 - 10th Bn.